Pause Fest 2020 is much more than just any old conference; it’s something you could only refer to as an experience entirely on it’s own. Pause Fest is arguably the best event in the technology industry. And with that in mind, they have organised a week of events with their partners that will run in parallel to the festival’s main program but after-hours.
Expect networking, meetups, parties, and more – all in an effort to give you bigger FOMO.
I would like to extend my most significant respect to their primary partners in crime this year: City of Ballarat, Shopify, Sistrv8, Sargon, DesignOps Melbourne, Melbourne Connect, General Assembly, Intrepid Travel and Festival No.23.
FIVE MAJOR SPEAKERS THAT WILL HELP IGNITE YOUR IDEAS
Sally is the first directly-elected female Lord Mayor of the City of Melbourne. She was the first woman to hold the post of Agent-General for Victoria in the UK, Europe and Israel. She has also served as the CEO for the Committee for Melbourne. Sally began her career as a Solicitor, after completing Law (Hons) and Commerce degrees at the University of Melbourne. Sally has held senior roles at both KPMG and ANZ, and she took the small business she co-founded to the ASX. Most recently she was Victorian Executive Director of the Property Council of Australia.
With more than 30 years of experience in global technology and digital media, Steve has worked in leading international businesses including Apple, IBM and Microsoft. Steve led the growth of online media business Ninemsn from startup to industry leader as the company’s CEO. He previously served on the boards of Telstra, David Jones and Medibank, and has an honours degree in civil engineering from the University of New South Wales, Australia. Currently, Steve is the CEO of Xero, where he leads the company’s global growth and performance.
Tiffany Tai brings over eight years of experience in high-growth technology businesses. She gets stoked about helping teams evolve their creativity while bringing products to market faster and more connected with their customers. Before Canva, Tai built businesses to scale at InVision, CloudFlare, and Dropbox.
Designer and creative technologist, Devin Mancuso, is a Design Strategist at Google. He works with Google’s Platforms and Ecosystems group to help shape the future of products and services for billions of users across the globe. Previously, he was the UX Design Lead for YouTube’s VR/AR team and has had the privilege of contributing to products across Google including Android, Pixel, YouTube and Daydream.
Ayumi Moore Aoki is an entrepreneur, a mother of four, and the founding president of Women in Tech©, an international organisation with an aim to bridge the gender gap and help women to embrace technology. Ayumi also leads Social Brain, a human-scale, award-winning digital agency.
…AND 63 MORE
- Bede Moore, Managing Partner, Antler
- Amanda Robinson, Head of Social Innovation, Australian Red Cross
- Mike Butcher, Editor-at-Large, TechCrunch
- Ravi Narayan, CEO, T-Hub
- Robert Milne, Group Account Director BBC Global News
- David Shing, Digital Prophet
- Michael Stoddart, Worldwide Director, Digital Media, Enterprise, ADOBE
- Ros Horner, Design Director, AKQA
- Grant Petty, Founder, Blackmagic Design
- Asher Tan, CEO & Co-Founder, CoinJar
- Prue Jones, Design Director, Fjord
- Anthony Farah, Managing Partner, Innovation Strategy and Ventures, IBMix
- Dave Budge, Co-founder & CEO, Jaunt
- Hannah Spilva, Co-founder & CEO, LVLY
- Alan Jones, General Partner, M8
- Luke Rattigan, COO, Nura
- Ronni Kahn, CEO & Founder, OzHarvest
- Will Mahon-Heap, International Expansion, Revolut
- Phillip Kingston, Founder and CEO, Sargon
- Kelly Calheiros, HR Business Partner, Shopify
- David Swan, Technology Reporter, The Australian
- Ben Costantini, CEO, Startup Sesame
- Rita Arrigo & Kenny Singh, Chief Digital Advisor, Microsoft
- Vu Tran, Co-Founder, GO1
- Taylor Tran, Co-founder & Author, Innovation Coworking
- Mark Bergin, CEO, Driven x Design
- Ida Bjerga, Managing Director & Co-founder Noise Studio & Nordic Sports Tech
- Taylor Mitchell, Head, Pitch Portal
- Sean Callanan, Founder, Sports Geek
- Summer Howarth, Founder & Learning Designer, The Eventful Learning Co.
- Antonio Oreña Barlin, Managing Partner, Rotor Studios
- Oscar Tramboli, Founder, Deep Listening
- Barbara Soalheiro, Founder, Mesa
- Daniel Teitelbaum Director Playful Thinking
- Darcy Smyth & Steve Claydon, Co-Founders, Sales Game
- Lalitha Wemel, Regional Director, Community (Asia Pacific), TechStars
- Philippe Ceulen, Head of Programs, Creative Enterprise Australia
- Nicole Velik, Founder, The Ideas Bodega
- Tamba Sumana, Talent Acquisition Strategy & Operations, Lucida
- Mike Safyan, VP of Launch, Planet Labs Inc.
- Cormac Sheehan, Founder & Co-Founder, Cannabis Co & Green Planet
- Richie Meldrum, Brand Startegist/Writer
- Alastair Simpson, Head of Design; Platform, Growth, Trello & Confluence, Atlassian/Trello
- Sean Hall, Founder, Energx
- Lucio Ribeiro, Marketing Lecturer at RMIT and Digital Transformation Consultant
- Tracy Hall, Former Head of Marketing of Virgin Mobile, Ebay, Go Daddy
- Tobi Skovron, CEO, Creative Cubes
- Wendi Dawson, Chief Brand Officer, Victory Offices
- Ren Butler, Labs Manager, WeWork
- Margot van der Poel, Brand Manager – APAC, Spaces
- Mike Biggs, Director of Innovation, Telstra
- Barb Hyman, CEO, PredictiveHire
- Kirsten Mann, Global VP Product Experience, Oracle
- Gideon Silverman, CEO & Founder, Awayco
- Ben Sanders, CEO & Founder, PlaySport
- Charles Johnson, Global Director Innovation, PUMA Group
- Edward H Blake, Interaction Designer, Art Processors
- Samantha Hamilton, Head of Preservation and Collections, Arts Centre Melbourne
- Dr Ryan Jefferies, Head of Programs, Science Gallery Melbourne
- Mads Brown, Head of Business Development, Fortress
- Kori Bassi, Esports Commentator & Content Creator
- Lewis Mitchell, Partnerships Lead, Twitch
- Will Connolly, Pro humanitarian / Often known as EggBoy
- Ruby Bourke, Green School Graduate / Public Speaker
- Ella Simons, High School Student / Community leader
- Galvin Davis, Founder & Director, Protein One
- Andrew Lewis, Senior Manager – Guest Experience, Toyota Australia
- Antony Reed, Territory Manager, EPIC Games
INTRODUCING DEAL ROOM
Are you big on networking? Who isn’t! That’s why most of us attend events. This year they bring you the European startup web-app called “Deal Room” to help you book individual sessions, view all attendees, sponsors and exhibitors, meet investors, do business and plan your program favs.
So how do you enter the app? If you’ve got your ticket, you’ll be automatically invited to set up your profile, and off you go.
Develop. Network. Grow.
LESS THAN 2 WEEKS TO GO!
With less than 2 weeks to go, you still have time to meet the titans of your trade. Get your ticket now to book individual sessions, after-parties, and use their web-app Deal Room for networking and mapping your journey.
It just won’t be the same without you. See you at the expo!