1. Update friends and family with your contact info
Keep your friends and loved ones updated. You should inform all your bosses about your move.
Send around a text message or email notifying folks of your new address and telephone number so the important people in your life can continue to find you. Alternatively, leverage the power of social media and broadcast it there, ensuring that your privacy settings are set so only your friends can see it.
2. Change your address on important websites
It would really suck if your Amazon order was delivered to the wrong location.
It’s ideal to change your address on essential websites as soon as possible, and all in one go so you don’t run into problems later on. Notify the post office immediately and contact government bodies to ensure that your letters are ending up at the right location.
Do not forget to:
- Upgrade magazine subscriptions
- Contact your insurance supplier
- Upgrade your details on the electoral roll
- Let your lender know you have moved
- Upgrade your details with all superannuation funds.
3. Pack a box
One of the first things that you want to pack is a box of essential items. This box must include keys, tools for constructing furniture, labelled ziplock bags with screws, or anything else you’ll need on Day One. When setting up your house, having these things will save you time.